Whether you are going on a short trip with family or on a long vacation with friends, it would be helpful if you would have a list of items you may want to pack. Wherever you’re planning to go, pick luggage that is light-weighted and big enough to hold all your essentials.
To help you arrive with everything you need I’ve rounded up almost everything you may need to bring on your trip carefully organized under different categories. It’ll serve as a tool not only to tell you what to pack, but also will help you make sure you’ve thought of everything else you might want to pack.
We have provided all possible options here, so having options doesn’t mean you’ll need to over-pack. Pack smartly and wisely. Include clothes which are essential. Don’t overburden yourself, try to choose those clothes which you can try differently with.
- Shirts/Tops ( Long-sleeved or Half-sleeved, as per the weather)
- Pants and/or shorts
- Sweaters or jackets
- Belt (you can also opt for money protection belt)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Dresses and/or skirts
- Sunglasses and glasses case
- Rain jacket, umbrella
- Swimsuit or swim trunks – consider a wet/dry organizer
- Travel pillow, eye mask and ear plugs
Always try to keep your toiletry bag light as possible and TSA-compliant. You may get many of these things in your hotels you have booked so you can leave those.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Soap and detergent
- Shaving kit and extra razors
- Hairspray, hair gel and beard oil
- Sewing kit/clothing care kit, stain remover
- Personal mini mirror
- Travel towel
- Face wash and/or makeup remover wipes
- Comb, hair ties, bobby pins
- Deodorant and Perfumes
- Lipstick or lip gloss
- Scissors, nail clippers
- Extra contact lenses, solution, and contact case
- Hand sanitizer or wet wipes
- Personal hygiene items
- Feminine hygiene products
These are the important things you may need them anytime while travelling.
- Pain and fever relievers
- Diarrhea/laxative medicines
- Allergy medicines
- Headache, Cold medicines
- Insect repellent/mosquito net/sting reliever
- Antibacterial ointment
- Eye drops
- Sleeping medicines
Nowadays it has become our need, where-ever we go these things are a big MUST !
- Laptop, iPad, or E-reader
- Power Bank
- Travel speakers
- Electrical converters and adapters
- Travel apps that will help with language, directions, and money conversion
As soon as you book a trip, it’s a good idea to double-check that your passports and IDs aren’t expired, and that they will not expire while you are traveling internationally. You should always have these things with you always
- Transportation tickets (plane, train, bus, car, etc.)
- Cash and credit cards
- Emergency contacts and important addresses
- Hotel and/or tour contact information
- Health insurance cards
- Travel insurance information
- Guide books and maps
- Reservations and itineraries – print them and save them electronically for easy access
- Copies of all these things in case you lose your wallet
Travel Security essentials
You always need to secure your valuables while travelling. Wearing a money belt or neck wallet lets you keep your valuables close to your body and away from prying hands.
- Luggage Travel Lock
- Money belt
- Neck wallet
- Undercover Bra Stash for credit cards and cash only
- Leg wallet
- Incognito All Terrain Money Belt which looks like a real belt!
- Reflective safety clothing
- Headlamp or mini flashlight
You may need some of them while travelling in flight, bus or car to entertain yourself.
- Deck of cards and travel games
- Books and magazines
- Water bottle
Before leaving Home essentials
Most essential checklist if you’re going on a long vacations. Here are some simply tasks to think through before you head to the airport.
- Stop newspaper delivery
- Pre-pay your bills
- Arrange for care of pets, lawn, and plants
- Store valuables in a safe place
- Empty refrigerator as the things will get expired
- Unplug appliances
- Turn off all the taps
- Set up timed light system
- Leave house key and trip itinerary with a trusted friend
- Lock all doors and windows
- Check with your homeowner’s or renter’s rent and insurance
- Reconfirm/check-in online with airline before you leave for the airport
Have a great time ahead ! Just make sure you think through your list of activities beforehand so that you’re able to bring everything you need. This is a a comprehensive international travel checklist. Pack light as much as possible using this list.
You can also bookmark this travel packing list because you’ll want to refer to it as your trip gets closer.
Best of luck! Travel well and safely.
Anyone can write with us. So, What’s waiting for ? Start Writing !